David Byrne will bring his American Utopia stage show back to Broadway, event organizers announced on social media Sunday. Before the show’s first run of 121 performances would finish on February 16th, they detailed a second leg, which will kick off September 18th and continue through January 17th, 2021, at New York, NY’s Hudson Theatre.In a press release, Byrne noted: “It’s become obvious to us in the band, the crew and the producer team that audiences want, dare I say need? To see this show.” He continued, “They’re not ready to have it disappear just yet. We feel the same way, we love doing this show. So, it’s thrilling to us that we can announce that we’ll be back in September.”Related: David Byrne Discusses ‘American Utopia’, Talking Heads, U.S. Citizenship In CBS Interview [Watch]The stage show, an adaptation of Byrne’s seventh studio album with the same name, has been lauded as one of the must-see Broadway performances over the past year. Produced by Kristin Caskey, Mike Isaacson, Patrick Catullo, and Todomundo, American Utopia features Byrne and 11 other actors performing modified versions of the album’s songs, along with music from the Talking Heads‘ catalog. Its success transcends Broadway too. Earlier this month, news broke that Spike Lee would direct a film adaptation of the show to create something “unlike anyone has seen before,” Byrne said.Tickets for the 2020/2021 American Utopia Broadway shows are on sale now. Click here for tickets and more information.Watch a video of the announcement below.American Utopia Broadway Announcement[Video: David Byrne’s American Utopia on Broadway]
Barristers and solicitors will be given electronic ID cards to allow them to bypass onerous security measures in place at courts around the country.Both the Law Society and Bar Council have confirmed a pilot scheme is ‘very likely’ to take place next month at a select group of courts. If successful it could be rolled out nationally.Security measures have been a talking point in the legal profession for several months, with court users often taking to social media to share experiences of lengthy delays.In August last year, HM Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) rolled out a scheme requiring anyone entering the court, including solicitors and barristers, to take a sip from a drink they wanted to bring into a court building in order to prove its contents were harmless.It is understood that if the pilot scheme is successful solicitors and barristers would be exempt both from that scheme and general searches.It is likely that the ID card will be provided via a mobile phone but that hard copies may also be made available.#*#*Show Fullscreen*#*# . Christina BlacklawsLaw Society president Christina Blacklaws, said: ‘We have been speaking to HMCTS officials about the delays our members face in clearing security and we support the plans for a pilot scheme.‘It is clear that improved access for regular court users could lead to efficiency improvements and this will benefit the court service, and lawyers alike.’The Gazette understands that the Bar representative body the Bar Council has been speaking extensively to HMCTS officials about it and that they are sympathetic.Andrew Walker QC, chair of the bar, said: ’A high level of security in our courts is essential, but this should not prevent barristers and other lawyers gaining easier and speedier entry so that they can do their jobs more efficiently and with less hindrance. They are delivering a vital public service, and few other professionals are required to waste time in lengthy queues and to pass through onerous and intrusive security checks every day simply in order to carry out their work.’Courts differ in their approach to security at the moment, and we will be looking to HMCTS to ensure there is a consistent approach both to the use of these new identity cards and their security arrangements, including what items barristers may and may not bring with them into our court buildings.’A HMCTS spokesperson said: ’We are working closely with legal bodies, including the Bar Council and Law Society, on a pilot programme relating to court entry. Further detail will follow in due course.’
Thursday 6/27Thursday 6AM Update: Fire Operations Making Progress, Expect Delays To Continue, Thursday Noon Update: Crews Complete Intentional Burning Along Sterling Highway Friday 6/28Noon Update: Crews Work To Finish Burnout Operation Along The Sterling Highway Wednesday 6/26Wednesday Update: Crews Continue Strategic Firing Operations, Fire Operations Within 200 ft. Of The Highway, Expect Delays To Continue Monday 6/24Monday 3PM Update: Swan Lake Fire Continues To Impact Sterling Highway Tuesday 6/25Tuesday Noon Update: Plan For Significant Travel Delays, HEA Has De-Energized Transmission Tie Line Due To Swan Lake Fire FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The KSRM News Department compiled some of the top stories from the Swan Lake Fire from this past week.