Van Stolen from Queen Street Car park, Stranraer – Police Scotland

first_imgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInPolice Scotland officers at Stranraer are investigating the theft of a white Citroen Berlingo van, registration mark SE07EHS.  The van was stolen from Queen Street car park in Stranraer sometime between 1300 hours on Saturday 07 and 1000 hours on Sunday 08 October 2017.Constable Stephen Judge at Stranraer said “we have been carrying out door to door enquiries and checking CCTV in the area in an attempt to trace any witnesses.t this stage we want to hear from anyone who may have seen the van being driven out of the car park or has seen something suspicious in the local area. Anyone who can help should call us at Stranraer on 101, or if they wish to remain anonymous then through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”last_img read more

VW to take $18 billion hit as German carmakers face recall

first_imgWOLFSBURG, Germany | German carmaker Volkswagen capped two grim days for the country’s auto industry by revealing its diesel emissions cheating cost it a chunky 16.2 billion euros ($18.2 billion) for 2015 alone — and that’s likely only a part of the total bill.The revelation last September from U.S. environmental authorities that the company had been cheating on emissions test rocked one of the most venerable brand names in the auto industry and cost it its chief executive as well as a host of goodwill.It’s also raised questions over the practices of others.On Friday, German government officials said five German brands, including Volkswagen, would conduct a voluntary recall over emissions issues, a day after Mercedes-Benz owner Daimler said it was conducting an internal investigation into its emissions certifications at the request of U.S. authorities.The Volkswagen announcement follows agreement in a U.S. federal court in San Francisco on the outlines of a deal with U.S. environmental authorities.Under the terms of the proposed deal, Volkswagen would offer to buy back almost 500,000 cars sold in the U.S. equipped with software that disabled emissions controls when the car was not being tested. Some 11 million cars worldwide are affected.The company had delayed its earnings announcement until it could get a better estimate of the costs involved. Now that it has revealed the cost of the scandal, Volkswagen said Friday that it is to post a massive net loss of 5.5 billion euros for last year.The writedown of 16.2 billion euros is more than double the 6.7 billion euros the company had previously estimated. Analysts at Warburg Research think direct cost of fines, recalls and settlements worldwide will end up reaching 28.6 billion euros for fines — and that’s excluding any impact on sales and market share.Volkswagen also said it’s not in a position to release results of an internal probe into the scandal this month as expected. The company now says the probe conducted by U.S. law firm Jones Day could be completed by year-end but that early release of partial results would interfere with settlement negotiations in the U.S. and could interfere with cooperation with U.S. law enforcement. Some 450 interviews have been consulted and 65 million documents submitted for electronic review.On advice of the company’s attorneys, management and directors, the company said “a disclosure of interim results of the investigation at this point in time would present unacceptable risks for Volkswagen and, therefore, cannot take place now.”Volkswagen CEO Matthias Mueller said as he released the headline earnings numbers that the company remains “fundamentally healthy” and that he is “convinced that Volkswagen has what it takes to overcome its challenges.”Volkswagen’s announcement coupled with more negative news about German companies and auto emissions that has weighed heavily on their share prices. Volkswagen’s share price was down 1 percent in late Frankfurt trading while Daimler’s tanked 6 percent.The scandal is not just confined to German automakers — Japanese company Mitsubishi Motors and Italy’s FIAT also have questions to answer.Still, Germany’s car companies appear to be having the most trouble at the moment.On Friday, Germany’s transport minister, Alexander Dobrindt, said five German automakers agreed to recall a total of 630,000 diesel vehicles in Europe following an investigation into their emissions levels. He identified the companies concerned as Mercedes, Opel and Volkswagen and its subsidiaries Audi and Porsche.The move followed a probe of 53 models by Germany’s Federal Motor Transport Authority that was sparked by revelations last year about Volkswagen’s emissions test cheating. VW’s cars could tell when they were on the test stand and turned up the emissions controls, then turned them off in real-world driving to improve performance and mileage.Dobrindt said none of the newly scrutinized models were found to have rigged engine control software devices of the kind used by Volkswagen, but that they displayed elevated levels of nitrogen oxide in both laboratory and real-world tests.Some models used technology to switch off the vehicles’ emissions treatment systems at certain temperatures to protect the engine, he said.While such technology is legal, investigators found that the temperatures at which the emissions treatment systems were throttled didn’t appear to be justified in all cases, so the five manufacturers agreed to voluntarily recall those vehicles. Additionally, all engine protection features would have to be declared and fully explained by manufacturers in future before their cars are approved by German authorities, Dobrindt said.Separately, Italian automaker FIAT is being investigated following a tip from parts supplier Bosch about possible emissions irregularities, he said.last_img read more

Barcelona could be in the hunt for Real Madrid star Icso

first_imgAdvertisement 6heNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsz23Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ecfcevb( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) wggdWould you ever consider trying this?😱1vkCan your students do this? 🌚aos6vRoller skating! Powered by Firework Catalonian giants Barcelona could be in the potential race to sign Real Madrid star Isco as the Los Blancos’ newly appointed manager Santiago Solari continues to neglect the Spanish forward who has not started in Madrid’s last six games under the manager, sparking their fierce rivals’ interest in the player.Advertisement The Spain international playmaker has endured health issues this season, with surgery required in September for appendicitis, and according to Blaugrana legend Sergi Barjuan the more he sits out, the more leading clubs across Europe would welcome the opportunity to bring a proven performer onto their books, with a move from Camp Nou being a possibility as well.Isco, 26, joined Madrid in 2013 from Malaga and has had a remarkable career with the Galacticos having made over 250 appearances for them, scoring 33 goals in the Liga alone so far, and despite being hailed as one of the best attacking midfielders in Spain, Isco and Solari seem to have hit rock bottom apparently on disciplinary grounds according to reports in Spain. However, Solari has denied those claims and insisted that benching him is but a tactical decision.Advertisement The Spaniard won a La Liga title, four Champions League crowns and three Club World Cup triumphs with Madrid, and if things go on as they are at present, Barcelona could be joining Juventus and Arsenal in the race to fulfill Isco’s €700m buyout clause in exchange for his services at their respective clubs.Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Spain coach Luis Enrique volunteers for 25 percent coronavirus wage cut

first_img Luis Enrique reportedly earns about €1 million annually, so his wage cut will save the RFEF around €375,000. CEST Spain coach Luis Enrique has volunteered to take a 25 percent wage cut, according to a report in Diario AS, due to the financial effects of the coronavirus crisis.  Upd. at 22:33 The Royal Spanish Football Federation have not yet made cutbacks and the former Barcelona boss had not been asked to take a salary reduction.  IN SPORT.EScenter_img However, Luis Enrique has taken the decision into his own hands due to the uncertainty created by the coronavirus and in solidarity with the rest of football and Spanish society.  SPORT.es Luis Enrique se autoimpone una rebaja de su sueldo 22/04/2020last_img read more

Barcelona stewards ‘hit Spurs fans with batons’ during clash at the Nou Camp

first_imgSPURS fans appear to be battered with batons by Barcelona stewards at the Nou Camp last night.A video uploaded by a Tottenham supporter appeared to show security staff clambering over themselves to strike the fans during the Champions League clash.5 A Spurs fan claimed Barcelona stewards allegedly started hitting them for no reasonCredit: TwitterIt is unclear what caused the fracas, but supporters who appear to be peaceful are seen trying to hold back the stewards as strikes rain down.A fan by the name of Alex, who posted the video and had photos showing him at the Nou Camp from last night, wrote: “I just need to address this issue which happened last night during the game.”Absolutely disgusting behaviour by Barcelona stewards hitting us with batons for no reason!”@SpursOfficial please send this to @UEFA @Champions [email protected] it’s disgusting.5 A series of baton-wielding stewards appear to move towards the fans in the Nou CampCredit: Twitter5 One steward looks on as the fracas takes place in the away end of Barcelona’s stadiumCredit: Twitter”We done nothing wrong and they just started hitting us. They wanted a fight, we didn’t want any trouble!”We were just trying to watch the match.”The video lasts 45 seconds and appears to show as many as four stewards hitting fans.One member of security personnel can be seen clamouring forward over the heads of others in an attempt to land a blow. pic.twitter.com/O3H5ezkhU6— Phil (@oasispj38) December 12, 2018 5 Chelsea fan Colin Twyman suffered a fractured cheekbone after being hit by Barca stewards earlier this yearCredit: TwitterBarcelona stewards hit fans with batons outside the Nou Camp as Chelsea supporters goad them by singing ‘You’ll always be Spain’A fellow user posted a photo showing a man with his head and hands taped up.The man apparently feature in the photo claimed he had been hit with a baton “for no reason”.He wrote: “That’s me with the head and hands taped. Got smacked outside game for no reason. Medics who looked after me were first class and I want to thank them.”5 Lucas Moura’s goal put Spurs in the Champions League last-16Credit: EPAOne Chelsea fan was left with horrific eye injuries in March this year after Barca stewards allegedly shepherded Blues fans into thugs.Mauricio Pochettino’s side made it through to the Champions League last-16 courtesy of Lucas Moura’s equaliser.That cancelled out Ousmane Dembele’s opener meaning Inter’s 1-1 draw at home to PSV was not enough to send them through instead.last_img read more

Ronaldo postpones UK appearance after Manchester attack

first_img0Shares0000Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates winning the Spanish league title in Malaga on May 21, 2017 © AFP/File / SERGIO CAMACHOLONDON, United Kingdom, May 26 – Football star Cristiano Ronaldo has postponed a schedule appearance in London on Saturday following the Manchester terror attack.Real Madrid forward Ronaldo, once a Manchester United player, had been due to promote SIXPAD training gear at a press conference at the InterContinental Hotel on Saturday. But this event has now been called off for the time being after the British government raised the UK’s national terror threat level to critical following Monday’s suicide bomb at the Manchester Arena that killed 22 people and injured dozens more.“Following the upgrading of the UK’s terror threat, it is with regret that we have had to postpone Saturday’s public appearances with Cristiano Ronaldo,” said a SIXPAD statement issued Friday.“Safety is of paramount importance and given the high profile and public nature of this event we’ve taken the tough decision to postpone all activity until a later date,” it added.Numerous sporting bodies have reviewed their security arrangements in the light of Britain’s deadliest terror attack for 12 years, with two showpiece events of the English sporting calendar — football’s FA Cup final and rugby union’s Premiership final — both due to take place in London on Saturday.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Ind vs WI: Bravo puts Windies on pedestal

first_imgDarren Bravo scored a massive century even as Indian bowlers continued to toil on the second day of the third Test at the Wankhede Stadium on Wednesday. Score | PhotosClearly the curator Sudhir Naik would have kept Sachin Tendulkar’s elusive 100th international ton in mind while designing the pitch. Unfortunately, he wouldn’t have thought that the same pitch would end up tormenting the India bowlers even as West Indies batsmen piled on run aplenty. At the end of the innings they were sitting pretty on 575/9.West Indies started the day on 267/2 with Kirk Edwards and Darren Bravo in the middle. The two bat with confidence to counter India skipper MS Dhoni’s plans for an early dismissal.Like the Day 1, Dhoni again utilised a spinner, Pragyan Ojha, and pacer, Varun Aaron, in tandem to unsettle the batsmen. However, the two stayed frim as the Windies score went past 300 runs.Eventually Dhoni’s plan did work as paceman Ishant Sharma, who too was being utilised in tandem with a spinner, got the better of Kirk Edwards when the WI score was 314. Edwards failed to read Ishant’s line and an edge off his bat was nicely taken by Dhoni behind the stumps and the man departed after posting a fine 86. He and Bravo put on 164 runs for the third wicket.Soon Bravo was past his century. A four off R Ashwin saw him reach his third century in Tests. His second came during the Eden Test match, where he put up a brave front when the Windies were following on.advertisementAt lunch West Indies were 378/3 with Bravo (105) and Kieran Powell (38) at the crease.The second session saw the Windies score venture past the 400-run mark as Bravo and Powell continued to bat on at ease. Soon Powell was past his half-century, becoming the third WI batsman to score a half-century in the innings.India skipper MS Dhoni brought in Sachin Tendulkar into the attack, but it was left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha, who eventually broke the Bravo-Powell 160-run partnership minutes before tea. Ojha’s turner that was pitched outside off gained in speed and took the edge of his bat and skipper Dhoni took a neat catch behind the stumps. He fell for 81 and West Indies lost their fourth wicket on 474.At tea the West Indies score was an impressive 494/4 with Bravo (156) and Marlon Samuels at the crease.The third session proved a lot better for the hosts for five wicket fell in it, but it wasn’t without some impressive bowling by 22-year old Varun Aaron, billed as India’s fastest pacer.The man accounted to the prized wicket of Bravo, which also was his maiden Test wicket. A length ball that kept low took the edge of Bravo’s bat to land in the safe gloves of Dhoni. Bravo departed after posting a massive 166 runs on board puntuating his innings with 17 fours. West Indies lost their fifth wicket on 524.In his next over Aaron struck again to despatch Carlton Baugh cheaply as West Indies lost their sixth wicket on the same total. But he wasn’t finished as he came around to get rid of opposition skipper Darren Sammy and West Indies lost their seventh wicket on 540.Tail-ender Ravi Rampaul didn’t last long and fell to a R Ashwin turner at in the final overs of the day.Samuels, who was way past his half century and was looking ahead for a big total fell to Ashwin on 61 as West Indies closed the day on 575/9.last_img read more

17 days agoGlazers stick with Solskjaer at Man Utd

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Glazers stick with Solskjaer at Man Utdby Paul Vegas17 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United’s owners are standing by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.This despite the 1-0 loss to Newcastle in the Premier League on Sunday, says the Daily Star.The Red Devils are down in 12th in the table and have won just twice in the top flight all season.Solskjaer’s tally of nine points from the opening eight games sets a new record for the worst at this stage of a Premier League campaign.But despite the poor form and results the Glazers have no plans to sack Solskjaer.The billionaire owners have taken into account the number of players missing from the United squad and willing to stick with him for now. last_img read more

17 days agoLiverpool U23 boss Critchley full of praise for goalkeeper Kelleher

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Liverpool U23 boss Critchley full of praise for goalkeeper Kelleherby Paul Vegas17 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool U23 boss Neil Critchley has showered praise on young goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher for his performance against Wigan on Sunday.Critchley believes Kelleher showed confidence and skill to deny the Latics scoring a late equaliser when he made a point-blank save, comparing the action to Reds first-team keeper’ Alisson.”That’s exactly the type of mentality you need from a goalkeeper,” Critchley said.”That’s Caoimhin for you. Everyone saw the saves he made against MK Dons for the first team in the League Cup, and he made a similar one where made himself big.”It’s no coincidence the ball hit him from so close because he is brave and puts his body on the line.”I always think the best goalkeepers make the important saves at the right time, the vital moment. Like Alisson Becker against Napoli last season, those goalkeepers they seem to produce those moments at the right time and Caoimhin did that here.” last_img read more

Photo: Tennessee Fan Has An “EF BAMA” License Plate

first_imgEF Bama License PlateEF Bama License PlateGiven Tennessee’s longstanding rivalry with Alabama, most Volunteers fans don’t have too much love for the Crimson Tide or its supporters. The UT fan who owns the Toyota Tacoma below probably has a little less than the rest, however. Yep, someone out there actually has an “EF BAMA” license plate. Usually, you’d have to guess which team someone who owns such a plate would be a fan of – Auburn, Florida, Ole Miss, Tennessee, etc. But given the Vols logo on the back window, it’s obvious.[Clay Travis]last_img read more

1234